Thursday 3 September 2015

Going to school

Some readers may know what this post is about; I stopped homeschooling and started going to school on 24 August.

As in the description, I used to homeschool. It actually became more like unschooling in the last few months as I started to become less focused. As for the blog, I will begin writing fewer posts; something like one every one or two weeks. That should not be a problem, though.

I stopped homeschooling mainly because I wanted more friends. Although there are homeschooling groups everywhere I have homeschooled in, these groups only met a couple times a month. I could never get friends that easily, but interacting with other kids my age, meeting them 6/24, 5/7 and 180/365, and learning with them would be a plus. The prospect of having more than a small handful of friends looked grim if I continued homeschooling. That was not the only reason for going to school, though; I could not concentrate on my homeschooling work. I would just put it off until tomorrow, which meant it kept stacking up. I think nobody was pressuring me to do the work. Now I feel much more motivated to work; problem is, I have less time to do it.

 Anyway, I go to a pretty good school. I am in year (grade) eight. The school has about 1200 students. Kids need to wear uniform, like in the UK, in Australia, which I would like if the uniforms were not so uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment